Monday, June 12, 2006

Keeping In Touch

Just finish reading my friends' blog which inspire me to write this story out... Many years ago while at clubbing i met back a Primary school friend which i got to know at Primary 6 didn't really talk to this guy much but we know of each other presence. I only get to know him at Primary 6 because i was being transfer from class 6B to class 6A. From what i remeber he was a nice guy and helpful guy, his mother was our school teaching teaching chinese language.

We bump into each other while clubbing i think at Mdm Wong (can't rememebr the exact location) and exchange hp nos saying that we will meet up one of this day for coffee or something like that especially when he is living near my house. I remember he did msg me asking me want to meet up or not i rejected him. A few weeks later or a week ltr or so eraly in the morning while wokring at cyber cafe, i message him and ask him want to meet up for coffee? Somebody reply me and says he past away! I message back saying that this is not a very funny joke. The person reply says he is serious about this. I call him and scolded him say look its early in the morning and this is not funny at all. Stop it! He said im serious he was being knock down by a car while cycling on his say home in the middle of the night! Im shock! I haven even get a chance to meet up and he is gone. I did nt manage to go to his funeral as well... i have never been to a funeral at all expect for once which my parents brought me to my dad best friend's mother who past away....

During Seconday scool day i have a foster brother who is 1year my seinor got to know him when i joined volley ball as my ECA. He a nice guy who do not have much temper at all even when i make him angry, a very nice and funny guy who is rather quiet. I think when i was in Sec 2 or Sec 3 he was being kick out of school.... We did not keep in touch after that until my Sec 4 or Sec 5 he went into army and was being posted into civil defence the one just right next to our school and I got to met him back during one of our P.E session! Of course, im very glad and happy to see him. I remember during one day after school while walking to the MRT station with my classmate we saw him reading a comic and walking back to his camp bought lunch for himself. We tease and disturb him, taking his book away saying that lent us and will return him back. He was very reluctant, we just palyed along walking further away with his comic with him feeling a bit sad and angry really wanting his book back but did not throw his temper at us. In the end, we return him his book he was sooooo happy! The last thing that we said was keep in touch and we will meet up soon... But we did not manage to meet up and that was the last time i saw him.

One day in the morning, my friend call me to wake me up from my dream ahnd told me that he had past away! I told her the same thing you must be kidding weeks ago before school ends i still see him and we says will meet up! She ask me go read the chinese newspaper, there i saw his face and a small article saying that his body was being found at sentosa if i remember correctly was the southern part of sentosa floading in the sea. The cause of death was unknown... i call up that girlfriend who was with me disturbing him while on our way to the MRT. She tried to contact his family to see when is the funeral so that we can arrange to go down by the time his family member pick up the phone, the funeral was over already.

I'm thinking how many times in my life that i says will meey up and keep in touch with my friend that i really do it... I took my friend for granted will always delay the meeting and find excusses not to meet up... months and months this thing will continue and happen... I become more and more lazy to meet up sometimes feeling lost and stupid of myself... I do realise that making a call or sms is a very easy thing but im just lazy to do so... But from now onwards will try my best to keep in touch with everyone i know! :)