Thursday, May 11, 2006

Frustrated!

On Monday a senseless uncle call in and I'm so frustrated with him! He feels that he is the most perfect person in this world and have not make any kind of mistake before! A very demanding person & i try my best to explain things to him but wasted all my efforts when he is such & idotic person thinks that i want to con his money! Crazy guy! I'm only working here and whatever informtion that i gave you even if it is the wrong information i won't be getting the rest of the money its the company that will be collecting the money and not me! An unforgiving guy! I wonder have his wife or girlfriend ever did something behind his back will he kill her!! Haha... Sorry i know im very bad but he is really this kind of sickening person!He will mark each and every words that you said and will not give you any chance to explain yourself at all! Will says things like you are now trying to twist and turn the words around! This is not what you said! He just call in simply not happy and want to find somebody to let off his anger! Lunatic guy!! This kind of guy died early nobody will be upset for him! Very cheap bo person as well! Pls somebody stand up and confirm with me when you see a hp that is selling at $0 value in the advertisement, did the newspaper there stated 2years plan? He said that our hp sell at zero dollar value did not stated any term & condition which means to say that he can just have the hp?!!

Come on lor! We sell you at $0 of course expect you to sign a 2yrs contract if not who is going to pay the manufacture for this hp?! You might as well buy the hp form Motorola instead do you think they will sell you at this price?! Idotic guy! So end up he wants my manger to rewind the whole tape and listen to what i have said and was not forgiving me when the first part i gave the worng information! In the end, i told him i have apologise for the wrong information i gave but still he won't let me go and find more fault in me and says so does that means that since you haf apologise i have to accpet it and forget everything? Than ask me this whole conversation being taped down was being tape down because he wants my manger to listen to the whole converstation and give him a call back with explaintion!

Guess what?! I really try to tolerate this asshole! Till i really cant stand it and blew my temper at him! And said "What i say outnow may make me loss my job but still i will say them out!" "You customer call in expects that we give this and that including that we cant make mistake! We ppl working here are also human beings!" "We are not perfect human being and who will not make mistake!" "Nobody is perfect in this world!" Than he finally wake up and soften down and realise he is in some way or another wrong!! And started to console me & explain the nature of my work to me! Fine! I accpet & appreciates it too!! But still i feel like telling him that his attidute is not that good either! I think he finally wake up was because he himself is also working in some kind of customer service line that is why he and when he realise he is in the wrong as well! How i know cause when he is consolling me he said he himself is also working in some customer service line so as us providing correct information is important and I should not give attidute to customer!

To my thinking as i always tell my boyfriend that I'm also working in this line i know how they feel as well when get scolded why must i make a fuss over this matter and scold them off just cause somebody scolded me off?! They are all human being and just trying to earn a living why must i make life difficult for them! It does not means that you are customer will always be right! Just because you are a customer! This is totally a very wrong idea! We should always or at least try to put ourselves into other people shoes and stop being so selfish!

1 comment:

Rachele said...

Haha... Thank you for your advice but i cant do this at work it will affect my performance. M1 treats customer service very seriously... just have to train my patience... no choice.